On the occasion of the 30th anniversary of one of the most important events in German history, the fall of the Berlin Wall on 9th November, we encourage our students to engage with this subject throughout September and October.
Every week, the German & History Departments will publish a photograph from the post-World War II era (both online and in the school), with questions and notes for students to think about and discuss. On Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th November, there will be a film viewing and quiz based on the pictures and questions. All students are encouraged to take part and be in for a chance to win a fantastic prize for their class.
Click here to find out what other projects are run by the school in commemoration of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Week 5 (7/10/19)
Picture for Week 5
Questions for Week 5:
- What is a Wasserstraße?
- What was its importance in Berlin?
- Why was it so dangerous for children?
- Which language is used on this signpost and why?
- What does the term „Schießbefehl“ mean?
- Find information about Günter Litfin, Ingo Krüger, Holger H. and Winfried Freudenberg.